Sunday, June 25, 2017

Unboxing: Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star (Kickstarter)

I am a big space scoundrel Han Solo type of fan, as my friends can attest to. I RPGed back in the 80s a lot of merchant trader campaigns in Traveller, Star Trek and Star Wars.

I naturally Kickstarted the game Xia: Legends of a Drift System a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the longer than normal Kickstarter delays getting it. The painted ships, modular terrain and replayability made it worth it in the end. 

I thus kickstarted its expansion, Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star and forgot I did so until I got a recent email that it was on it's way.

Well I got it on Friday and decided to do a brief unboxing.


The expansion is smaller than the original game, but that is what you'd expect.


Small little booklets with solo rules as well, I see.


Merchant ship templates... most excellent.  Aaah, I really love the trader captain and merchant prince theme in space opera.. I really do. It symbolizes the ultimate freedom.



More space tiles.. good stuff.



Cards.. I can't remember what sellsword is from the original game, though that rings a bell in terms of sci fi literature..or maybe I'm confusing it with Sword Worlds..


The great part about the original game, was the hefty metallic money that all my friends were playing with, including myself, as we were playing the game.

I see we are getting some more coin to add to our fidgeting..


Blue gems/crystals..


And the piece de resistance, the painted minis.. It's common now thanks to X-Wing, but it was a novelty only a few short years ago..


Nice and acceptable paint job, like last time.


Looking forward to tearing up the spacelanes with these.


1 comment: