Friday, May 26, 2017

Had to make my own Shadow War Armageddon Artillery Dice

I have a try out tomorrow of the new Necromunda, Shadow War: Armageddon. I couldn't manage to buy the boxed set, damn GW's eyes, as it was sold out on the first day. I bought the rule book instead.

30 years ago, everyone disliked TSR, the company that ran AD&D, for the way they pushed their weight around, but TSR ain't got nothing on GW. Why they deliberately limited copies of Shadow War beats me, unless they like to antagonize their customers. But I digress.

Anyways, the game calls for the use of scatter dice and artillery dice. I have scatter dice, but no artillery dice alas given I don't have the boxed set, so I had to make my own.

An artillery die is a d6 with 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and a misfire symbol (an exclamation mark), used for how far an explosive round or grenade veers off the mark in inches. Some fans I hear are just rolling a d6 and doubling the amount.. thus if you roll a 1, it is counted as a 2; a 3 is counted as a 6, etc, with a roll of a 6 counted as a misfire.

I have some blank d6s lying around, so I decided to just label two of them.


I had to remember that opposite ends of a d6 should add up to a seven;.. a 3 on top should have a 4 on the other side of the cube.. the same with a 1 and a 6 and a 2 and a 5. I just matched the same sequence on my blank cube so opposite ends add up to 14.

6 and 8
10 and 4
misfire and 2  (a misfire being a 12)



I now have some artillery dice for me and my friend Jeff tomorrow.


I also made some counters in Word, cut them out and put them on cheap poker chips.




AAR to follow tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment