Saturday, April 8, 2017

Painting up a squad of Klingon warriors; (my workbench)

I didn't like the base of this Klingon I painted up for my recent holodeck fight (as discussed here) as I initially matched the base of the holodeck skeleton.


So, I rebased it to a more sci-fi base..





Then I thought, I might as well do the rest of the squad before I forget what skin colour I used. In this case, I didn't use normal human flesh, but a beast hide colour for Klingon skin.

So, I dug up my squad of "Imperial Klingons" as we used to say in my FASA Star Trek days and decided to paint up the squad. I had to rebase them to match the sci fi base of the first one as well.


I should clarify that these are not Klingon sculpts but  "Ridge Rim Aliens" from Space Vixens from Mars.


After priming them, I made sure I got the eyes right first..


I also ensured I painted the same beast hide colour on them..



Then I did some google research; the movie Klingons wore a lot of gray and black it seems..



 The movie disruptors were brown, but with black stocks, as well as a metal colour.


Different belt buckles for the officers vs lower ranks.



The Rim Ridge sculpts did not have too much variety, so I had to remember to make one of them gray haired as well as converting one of them to have a brown cloak, which the officers like to wear.


The Captain seems to have writing on his gloves, so I had to remember to put writing as well..





After that, finished them off quickly.

Please feel free to vote on them on Coolmini, with 1 being the lowest, 5 good enough for tabletop play, and 10 the highest, here. Thanks!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/411907

5 comments:

  1. Nice job, I don't have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I have these, but they aren't painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat yourself on the back, BK. The fruits of your labors are 1st class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jay. That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me on this blog.

      Delete