Sunday, March 5, 2017

Pizza Crispers make for fine landing pads and such (my workbench)

I was at the dollar store Friday evening, when I noticed these $4 pizza crispers..


I thought they would make good support for terrain, as well as terrain in itself, as it can be used as a landing pad. It can be used as support for a building once you flip it over and cover up the holes.

I bought a couple and quickly got to work on my experiment on my Saturday.

I had some drawer liner and cut out a circle to match the flipped over section.


I then primed it black and dry brushed metal.


After that, I painted hazard lines and stenciled in SPACE PORT and PAD 43..

It looks pretty good for $4 if you ask me, and it didn't take long.



I then started work doing a fantasy dais, perhaps, or a gladiator fighting area .. Anyways, I took some Halloween decorations I bought last year for future projects and used milliput to put on the skulls and added stairs.

I haven't decided what I'm going to build for this one, but all in all, I'm pleased with my pizza crisper experiment. 


8 comments:

  1. Great, now I'm hungry. Do they deliver pizza to your spaceport?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a pizza place right beside the Jawa stall. :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice job, you have great imagination when looking at the crap in the dollar store :-)
    BTW, I have used them to cook pizza, work great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is this super creative ... it's also extremely well executed. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete