Thursday, October 6, 2016

My workbench: Converting to T-800 and T-1000 Terminator cyborgs

Now that I painted up some bikers and other scum (as discussed here)


for some upcoming Terminator and other post-apoc battles, I had a mind to make some Terminators.

I already painted some Exoskeletons (as discussed here)



but also wanted a T-800 and a shapeshifting T-1000..

The only problem is, the T-800 and T-1000 that River Horse is making in support of their Terminator miniature battle game are lame, just like their exoskeletons.

Look at these.. no detail on the face for neither of them.. The T-800 here looks like circa 1985 lead miniature quality.. Look at the eye-sockets.. not very distinct..


Their  T-1000 is a touch better....


 I took matters into my own hand and did some conversions..

For the T-800, I bought Reaper's Hans, Post Apocalypse survivor.


I first did some drilling to show some cybernetic "bones"..


After I dug a hole in his left leg, I wanted to put a part of a paperclip but for the life of me, I couldn't find one at home, so I did the next best thing and used one of a comb's teeth ( I don't know what they're called) to act as the metallic thigh bone.

I also dug a hole at a rib...


And them used green stuff to make torn clothing around the exposed leg...


I based him on milliput and put in some wire and part of a coke cap that, when rusted up, will look more post-apoc..



I also took the head off the original sculpt and put on a new head..







For the T-1000, I took a 40K Cadian and drilled holes in his torso, which will be painted silver..


I then cut off the left hand and cut out a sharp plastic "blade" and inserted it in the hand..


I then used my dremel to flatten the left side of his face as I wanted half the face to be human and the other half to be silver, as he is transitioning during the 2 bullet wounds into his torso.




Now these two look a touch better with more defined sculpt than the two I bough originally and will paint them shortly.




No comments:

Post a Comment