Saturday, June 25, 2016

My workbench: Frostgrave warband and skeletons painted

I recently did a Frostgrave checklist and # 1 and # 2 on the list was the warband (my wizard, apprentice and soldiers).

I chose Reaper's Amathor, Arch Mage



and  Drake Whiteraven, Young Mage as my apprentice


Well, I have done both of them this week, in matching purple of sorts..


Please feel free to vote on Amathor on Coolminiornot here, with 1 being the lowest, 10 the highest and 5 good enough for tabletop play. 


I chose purple to contrast with their hired muscle, whom I  painted in drab medieval colours as I wanted to give them a tougher poorer look. The Wizards look rich while their hired thugs look poor (journeymen sellswords in it for a quick turn of coin).


Please feel free to vote on the warband on Coolminiornot here, with 1 being the lowest, 10 the highest and 5 good enough for tabletop play. They are now ready for tabletop adventure as they loot the ancient city.

Also on my checklist were some skeletons. I used the Wargames Factory ones, and man that was a huge pain to assemble.. It was six sprues where you had to assemble everything, even the feet to the legs.

I lost a couple of skeletons early on as I couldn't glue the feet to the legs and used green stuff..


I finally realized that you don't clip off the connector between the feet to keep some stability.


Lots of fiddling with that kit.. The pieces were delicate and did not glue easily. I had to drill a hole on top to properly glue the skull to the body for instance...




It was a cheap kit to start with and you really need to be an experienced miniatures person to assemble them...

You buy cheap, you get cheap.. 

Anyways, I made 8 skeleton swordsmen per the list.

At the last minute, I decided on a cobweb pattern on their shields..




The rest I used for Kings of War as archers.



More Frostgrave preparation to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment