Friday, May 20, 2016

Someone built a large FASA Star Trek Chandley model with lights and electronics

I recently noted that there was a discussion of FASA's beloved Chandley-class.


Now I noticed someone is building a large Chandley-class model..
















Looks very close the 1: 3900 scale miniature from 30 years ago..


There is even work on another large FASA model, the Klingon D-10


Hats off to whomever is doing these kitbashes.

I love that the FASA Star Trek universe is not gone and forgotten, and there are tons of people out there who dearly love it like I do. It takes a lot of work to convert to a Chandley-class at this scale.. What will he do with it afterward, I wonder, as it's so big..

At least every time someone will ask about the large Chandley, the modeler or owner will have a chance to explain FASA and such.

I grew up with Star Trek since watching it in the 1970s, but it was Star Trek II, III and IV and simultaneously, FASA's literature, that cemented a certain love for it. I can only now think of the "true" Star Trek as FASA's..

Some other modelers obviously think the same...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Chandley class! that was the class we used in our role playing game. we called her the Discovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the Romulan Winged Defender, it is the best FASA design.

    My RPG group was on board an Enterprise-class.

    ReplyDelete