Sunday, April 3, 2016

Digitally customized and ordered a 3D Printed 30mm "Jedi Knight"..

I talked before about how 3D printing is going to revolutionise things, and not just for gaming. Imagine in a couple of years "scanning" a mini and making an exact copy..

Anyways, I went to Heroforge.com tonight, and made my own 30mm Jedi Knight and ordered it for $24.99 plus shipping.

I'm sure in a couple of years, it will go down to a couple of bucks, but in the interest of experimentation, I accepted the $25 for this..

Selected male, human..


I added a beard to give the Jedi some monk-like dignity


Threw some monk's robes on him to cover that half-naked look.


Though I removed the cowl..


I added some gear and weapons on his belt, including a holster just to make him look more sci-fi


Changed his cloak a bit..


I closed his left hand to a fist and added some sort of baton that looks like a lightsaber..


Gave him also a more dynamic pose, like he was deflecting blasters or something..


Put him on a metal deck plating..



 Chose the material and ordered it online.. Too bad it's not 28mm, but 30mm is close enough..


We'll see what it's like when it comes in the mail and when I paint him up..


No comments:

Post a Comment