Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My workbench: Star Trek foes: The Gorn (28mm) Part 1/2

Fresh off of painting a Jedi Knight alien, I now turn my attention to some Star Trek aliens. 

I bought some suspiciously looking Star Trek figures from the Rim Aliens selection of the Space Vixens from Mars line and finally got around to painting some.

I'll try first some Star Trek foes: Gorn, Romulan, Cardassian and Jem'Hadar.




These minis don't have the sharpest detail, but good enough given how rare it is to find Star Trek minis at 28mm, let alone the less popular ones like Gorn and Jem'Hadar.

I based the Gorn to an outside setting, but the others, I'll do on a spaceship deckplate..


For the other three, I cut off the base to put them on a space deck plating base..




A tricky thing to do, but after I cut off their base, I used my dremel to flatten out the bottom of their feet..


and based them.


The Gorn were not that hard to do given that they are dressed like Fred Flintstone..


I said no to the golden clothing though, and just did the vest or whatever this thing they are wearing to yellow ocre..

The only tricky part was to pencil in the boxes, which at 28mm is not that easy..


After that, it was pretty straightforward.





In part 2, I'll paint the Romulan, Cardassian and Jem'Hadar.

2 comments: