Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Workbench: Converting a fantasy Hawkman to a Star Wars Jedi Part 3 of 3

Please see part 2

Now on to the base..




I painted the base metallic steel and brass first..



and then dirtied it up a bit..


However, I found it too drab, too metallic, so I added a splash of colour and then dirtied it up some more.






I lastly added some lighting effect...



Please feel free to vote on this on Coolmini.. from 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest, here.


All in all, I found the base too "busy." I don't know what the designer of the base was thinking with all these pipes. It takes away from the figure .. whatever figure.. is chosen to sit on top of this base.. Way way too busy..

Not my best work, but then again, I've been out of painting practice for at least six months. I enjoyed the conversion and want to paint more Jedi Knights. In fact, I have some more minis on the way to do just that.



Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment