Sunday, January 31, 2016

My 1:1 scale props (Star Wars, Star Trek, Highlander & the Wild West)

I've ordered some Star Wars props that are on their way. Taking stock of my props to date, I have Star Wars, Star Trek, Highlander and old West props so far.

Highlander

I own both Katana types wielded by both the movie and TV Highlander (Connor Macleod and Duncan Macleod).





The Connor Macleod katana is not really a prop, but a real sword with carbon steel. I have to oil this on a regular basis or else it will rust.

It is like the one in the movie, down to the dragon carving.






The other Katana is the one wielded by Duncan Macleod. Unfortunately, it is not a carbon steel sword but stainless steel crap used only for display purposes. Also, the tip of the hilt was broken off. Oh well, such is the life of an immortal! :-)

 
Star Trek

I have the Klingon Honor Blade, or that is what we called it when I played FASA's Star Trek RPG. It is now called the D'k tahg.

I believe it is stainless steel, as it has not rusted all these years. However it is very sharp.


With a flip of the button, the guard flips out.



Star Trek II and III made a great impression on me as a teen, and the modernized Phaser II-B is still a favourite.





Star Wars

Han Solo's DL-44 Heavy Blaster pistol.


It even makes that blaster sound when you pull the trigger.

video

Stormtrooper E-11 Blaster Rifle

I actually painted this from a kit I bought off ebay. The E-11 of course, is based on the British Sterling SMG, which I fired actually when I was in the military. Very crude SMG to be honest, but when turned into a prop, it looks good.



Lightsaber

Luke's Return of the Jedi's lightsaber. A very elegant weapon indeed.


The Old West

These props are not working weapons, but metal replicas. They have the same weight but are props nonetheless.

Colt. 45 Peacemaker


These props make that satisfactory "click" sound when loaded and fired that you see in Spaghetti Westerns.

video


Colt Navy, 1851
It had brass parts so it wouldn't rust at sea. A very popular weapon on both sides of the Civil War.


 Colt Dragoon 1848 (Dragoon .44)



1 comment:

  1. Nice collection.

    Glad to see you keep your sword maintained, never know when the zombies might show up ;-)

    ReplyDelete